Thursday, January 15, 2009

Books.

I have never been a big reader, but I decided to read and bought Walden by Thoreau and The Little Prince by Saint-Exupery while I was home for break. I finished The Little Prince (the whole 83 pages of the children's book.. impressive right?) and started reading Walden. Here are some favorite lines from the two:

"He was just a fox like a hundred thousand others. But I've made him my friend, and now he's the only fox in all the world"
(The Little Prince)

"However mean your life is, meet it and live it; do not shun it and call it hard names. It is not so bad as you are. It looks poorest when you are richest. The fault finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life..."
(Walden)

2 comments:

danielle said...

i wanna cry. that fox quote is the best ever. Will you replace the word "fox" with "dani" for me. thanks.

kell-bell said...

Sara, I always knew there was a little reader in you, but my favorite part is that you pick such fun, different books that I totally overlook and make me want to read them too!